A vacation is a time to leave behind the stress of our routine lives. Nothing breaks monotony than spending a holiday on an island. Be it the Seychelles, Maldives, Santorini, or any other exotic getaway. There are islands where you can go for heliskiing even in the pristine and untracked snow. You can make the most of your holiday when you go to an island. You can visit an island for a holiday by looking for cheap air travel options in any season to make your holiday more budget-friendly. Do not hesitate when you are in a mood to escape.
- Relax: You can spend an entire day on an idyllic island and relax, rejuvenate, and refresh yourself. There is nothing as euphoric as lying down on a beach for hours and having quality time with your loved ones.
On an island, you can treat yourself to a spa treatment, have a sunbath, collect shells, listen to waves, build sandcastles, read a book and so much more. Your worries and stress can go away when you spend your holiday on an island.
Many accommodations offer tons of activities to their guests. It is advisable to indulge in selected activities. Tours and excursions are commonplace when you spend a holiday on the island.
- Photos and videos: A holiday on an island is the perfect time to get amazing photos and videos. You can store memorable moments of you and your loved ones in picturesque locations that may involve the infinite ocean, soft sands, and great clouds. You can get postcard-perfect shots on an island and you can hone your photography skills.
- Local food: You can find delicious local foods on an island. You can go out and blow your taste buds away. Eat new foods and try out new drinks. You can tantalize your taste buds by experimenting with the delicacies available on an island where you are spending your holiday. You can ask for local dishes that are made with locally sourced ingredients.
You refresh your palate when you take a vacation on an island.
- The world of water: There is a lot of water-related adventure that can occur on an island. You can go snorkeling and appreciate the corals and aquatic species.
There are islands from Brisbane to Sydney that you can visit, go scuba diving and experience a new world. You can go kayaking, jet-skiing, or kitesurfing. The fun experiences are totally worth it. A holiday on an island is a time to unwind.
- Shopping: Most islands have local markets and you go there and buy souvenirs. You can buy local handicrafts and you can meet new people in the market.
TOP ISLANDS YOU CAN VISIT FOR YOUR HOLIDAY
- Soneva Jani, Maldives
- North Island, Seychelles
- Laucala Island, Fiji
- Como Parrot Cay, Turks, and Caicos
- Amanpulo, Philippines.
- Hayman Island, Australia
- Calala Island, Nicaragua
- Jumby Bay Island, Antigua
- Necker Island, British Virgin Island.
HOW TO PLAN A COST-EFFECTIVE VACATION
- Plan your vacation according to your budget: You should consider your budget when you want to spend a holiday on an island. It is important that you establish your vacation budget and stick to what you can afford. You and your loved ones can also take turns in deciding what to do during your island vacation.
- Choose a theme: Choosing a theme for your holiday will help you guide your decision. Most times the location of a holiday determines what we do. With some research and advance planning, you can choose an activity theme that has affordable options. There are many activities that are low cost or no cost at all such as visiting the parks or local museums on an island. A theme gives you the flexibility to do what you want without overspending.
- Take turns planning your vacation activities: Subscribe to deals: You should subscribe to deals on the island that can help you save costs. There are many affordable options and you can choose them and relax. You can be flexible and opportunistic if you see a worthwhile deal. Taking a vacation to an island does not mean that you have to break the bank. You should have a budget that is within your means and do adequate research.
- Enjoy a park vacation: Visiting a park on an island offers you and your loved ones an opportunity to view beautiful landscapes and wildlife in their natural habitat. You can appreciate the great outdoors and learn more about the cultural history of the island.
- Bundle your expenses: You can save a lot of money when you bundle all your purchases. Websites like Priceline, Expedia, and Travelocity allows you to book your hotels, flights, and rentals together.
- Use connecting flights: Connection flights may take time but they can help you considerably cut the cost of a ticket. You should make the most of your layover and enjoy yourself.
- Find smaller hotels: When you go for a holiday on an island you should accommodate yourself in an independent hotel as they are generally cheaper than corporate chains.
- Rent an apartment: If you want to save cost you can search the internet for locals who want to rent out their apartments for some time. Examples of websites you can go to include Airbnb, HomeAway, and VRBO.
- Have an extreme outdoor adventure: You can head out on a bike ride or a hike. Bike trails and hiking trails can be found on some islands. You spend less and have an awesome quality time when you hit trails.
- Take a grand tour: You can tour facilities on the island for a nominal fee or for free. This tour can let you see how things are made on the island and they give you the opportunity to explore and get free samples. Tours are a great way to explore the city and discover hidden gems.
- Take a learning vacation: You can take a valuable learning vacation when you spend a holiday on an island. You learn how to ride horses, sign up for workshops, dig for fossils, learn how to swim, take yoga classes and so much more. You can come home with a new skill when you vacation on an island.
- Do voluntourism: You can use your vacation time to work for others. You can research opportunities for a volunteer vacation. Do something that excites you. You can build a habitat house, tackle an overseas project, or clean up hiking trails. You should plan ahead so you don’t go after activities that are not open.
- Score a free rental: Getting a cheap rental car on an island when you are on a holiday will help you save costs.
- Choose a travel style that is budget-friendly: You can become a backpacker when you spend a holiday on an island. Be cost-conscious and travel light. You can save on accommodation, flights, and attractions when you go backpacking.
- Use low-cost flights: You should be more proactive on your money and focus on budget carriers. You can enjoy diverse airlines by being a budget-conscious traveler.
- Travel to a destination that is inexpensive: Everywhere is different. Some places are expensive and some places aren’t. When planning your holiday you should choose a location that is not expensive.
- Plan a longer trip: You will spend less when you plan for a long holiday trip on an island. By creating a base in one location you won’t be constantly paying for accommodation and transportation. You will also be able to take advantage of rental opportunities.
- Cook your food: Eating at a restaurant every day can be quite expensive. Budget travelers know that cooking for themselves saves them money.
- Consider places that don’t attract a lot of tourists: Most places that attract many tourists are often expensive. Alternatively, you should go to an island where prices will be lower.
- Travel during the off-season: Most islands are more expensive and more popular during certain periods. Prices also tend to go up during the holiday season.
- Go for packaged deals: Vacations are cheaper when accommodation, transportation and expenses are bundled together. You should go for packaged deals when you want to save costs. You can create a special repository of offers and deals
There are diverse all-inclusive island resorts that can give you optimal holiday experiences and leave you with great memories. Examples of great island resorts you can visit include:
- Motu Teta, Tahiti
- Little Palm Island Resort, Florida Keys
- Royal Isabela, Puerto Rico
- Sanctuary Cap Cana, Dominican Republic
- Qualia Australia
- Hermitage Bay, Antigua
- Sandals Whitehouse, Jamaica
- Jade Mountain, St. Lucia
- Four Seasons Bora Bora, Tahiti
- Barefoot Cay, Roatan
- Travaasa Hana, Hawaii
- Likuliku Lagoon, Fiji
- Lizard Island, Australia
- Guana Island, British Virgin islands
- Couples Tower Isle, Jamaica
- Song Saa, Cambodia
- Kamalame Cay, Bahamas
- The Caves, Negril, Jamaica
- Young Island, St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Fowl Cay, Bahamas
- Cayo Espanto, Belize